Friday 24 April 2015

Cornwall Part 2

The Beach
Little Miss had her first experience with sand while we were away and (to my surprise) she seemed to really enjoy the feel of it on her toes. We didn't brave the sea though as I think that would have been too cold for me, let alone her!

Coastal Walks
Little Miss recently outgrew out Baby Bjorn, so we picked up the Lillebaby Complete (after seeing some great reviews on other blogs) before we went. It was brilliant for all the long walks we went on, and was comfy for me even when I was climbing over stiles or walking up steep hills! I'm quite short and I found the backpack style baby carriers a bit too big so the Lillebaby has been a great alternative. We also made use of the 'all seasons' vent whenever we were out of the wind.

Trelissick
On Easter Sunday we went to Trelissick house and gardens and had a great time exploring, this time in the pram. When I stopped to feed Little Miss, we let her have a good crawl about on the grass. She has only just started to crawl, so I really wanted to get a video of her doing it with such a beautiful backdrop, but she foiled our plans by attempting to eat something from the grass every ten seconds (she only succeeded once, so I don't think we did too badly!) The videos were a bust, but I did manage to get some lovely photos (complete with silly sunhat!).



Eating out
Little Miss is usually pretty great in restaurants. We normally order an extra side of veg and then give her some of our food too. She was a bit of a pickle in The Old Ale House, due to teething pain (luckily it was a weekday lunchtime, so there wasn't too many other customers in there for her to disturb!). And she completely slept through our meal in Falmouth, but she was great everywhere else.

Melinsey Mill
I love cream teas! They are one of my favourite parts about going to Cornwall but somehow I only managed to have one this holiday. It was so yummy though I really don't mind. At the bottom of a steep, single track hill, Melinsey Mill is a quaint, quirky stop off with a pond walk complete with teapot walkway (take a look at the website for pictures) The scones were homemade and delicious, and they were very generous with the jam and clotted cream. They were also one of the surprising few places we visited with a proper baby change unit. Why do so many restaurants/pubs have tonnes of highchairs but no where to change your baby other than the counter next to the sink in the ladies? It doesn't really make sense and it's so frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment